<June 2017>
SMTWTFS
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
2345678
 
Holidays
 
Terms
 
Exams
 
  Username  
 
  Password  
 
 
American
General Information  |  Foundation Years  |  International Primary Division
Grade 7 & 8 & 9  |  Grade 10&11&12

The American High School Diploma (accredited by CITA on May 18th, 2004 )is equivalent to Egyptian High School Diploma by the Egyptian Ministry of Education decree No.155 for the year 2004. Students then will be eligible to apply for Egyptian universities within the %5 for international schools and foreign students. Students are also eligible to apply for American universities or universities of any other country.
Students are obliged to study a number of subjects during grade 11 and 12 school years; their diploma includes any of subjects. Moreover, students must also take SAT 1 (Mandatory) and SAT 2 (optional).
Students are awarded 1 credit for each subject successfully completed during school years 10-12.
In accordance with the last amendment in the Ministry of Education laws, Students must attend Arabic, Religion & civics lessons according to the ministry curriculum and they will be examined under the supervision of Ministry of education personnel. According to this amendment, students won't be accepted in faculties unless they pass.
 
To be eligible for universities starting from the college year 2008/2009, a student must spend at least 3 years in the American system. Students study the Egyptian curriculum in Arabic, Religion and Civics and must pass the Official exams in these three subjects to be eligible to apply for Egyptian universities although grades of these exams do not count in the students GPA. In some special cases like for students transferring from foreign countries, exams in Arabic, Religion & civics may be postponed until college years ,but students cannot graduate from colleges before passing these exams. (Check with school administration for any change of laws regarding this matter).
 
There are other subject areas that are graded and help to increase students GPA such as Attendance, Behaviour, Conduct, Special Projects, Academic Competitions and Physical Education.
 
What is SAT? (Scholastic Aptitude Test)
American system students in grades 11 and 12 should take 8 subjects (5 subjects in G12 and 3 subjects in G11) that represent 40% of the total scores; students should also take SAT 1 tests that represent the other 60% of the total score. There are two SAT tests that students can sit for
SAT (1)(obligatory): The test lasts for 3 hours 45 minutes.  It includes 2 subjects only:Math and English. All questions are written Multiple choice questions for both subjects, but recently English test includes some essays. The SAT 1 test is offered 6 trials per academic year; the student can sit for the test starting from grade 10(PSAT; preparation for SAT, it is just a practice stage), but test scores are counted for the student starting from G 11 and G 12,thus taking their best scores obtained and sent to the university of the students choice. Both English and Math scores are out of 2400 points (800 Math, 800 Reading, 800 writing).   SAt 1 allows for ALL faculties except (Medicine – Pharmacy –Dentistry or Engineering ….etc.) So, to enter such faculties students should sit for SAT (2), if not, SAT (2) is optional.
SAT (2): Is a 2 - 3 subjects course; it can be taken for 2 reasons;
Students who want to enter practical faculties like (Medicine – Pharmacy –Dentistry - Engineering or like)
Or Just to raise their total scores as SAT 2 adds 15% over and above the 100% (G.P.A and SAT 1)
SAT 2 includes subjects such as Biology – Chemistry – Physics – Math –History – Languages such as French, German and Spanish. The student is free to choose any 2 subjects,depending on the faculty he/she wants to enter.
For a student to be able to apply for universities he / she needs to score a minimum of:
1200/2400 in SAT, exam if he / she applies for private sector universities.
1440/2400 in SAT, exam if he / she applies for national sector universities.
 
As for SAT 2 exam
 
a minimum of 900/1800 (for 2 subjects)if applying to private sector universities.
a minimum of 1100/1800 (for 2 subjects) if applying to national sector universities.
 
 
     
     
     
  All Copyrights Powered by Open Scope